Clothing styles have a vast assortment of fashion trends from which to choose. Older women can look sharp in clothing designed to complement their bodies and fit comfortably. Skintight sweaters and low-cut jeans are out. Stylish dresses, sassy slacks and flattering skirts are in.
1. Shop for tailored skirt lines with back and side slits to show off your legs. Hemlines that fall just below the knee are flattering when made with A-lined patterns and slightly relaxed waistlines.
2. Pair calf-length skirts with classic button-front blouses in comfortable no-press cotton blend fabrics for an easy care style that is ready to wear right from the dryer. Opt for relaxed cut blazers that offer older women more shoulder room for bending and twisting.
3. Find full-figured slacks with hidden expandable waistbands for comfort. Made with button-in pleats, expandable-waist pants offer style and versatility for the over-50 woman who demands more from her clothing.
4. Don hip-length baby-doll sweaters to flatter a wider waistline. Designed to flair slightly from the shoulders, these sweaters complement pants and skirts and offer stylish warmth for those winter months.
5. Find one-piece swimwear in various torso lengths with built-in tummy control panels and boy-cut legs for extra coverage. Slip on a mid-thigh cover-up over your swimsuit, made from an open-weave fabric and spend a day at the beach.
6. Wear the prints you like. Forget about the old adage of choosing tiny prints as you get older. Choose from bold colorful patterns that make you feel good. Today’s clothing makers offer a wide range of sizes and styles in the latest fashion fabrics.